Sunday, September 2, 2012

Shivers

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Shivers


your skin, susurrus, susurrus, 
curls smokey around my outline
between ill-at-ease and shivers
I've been looking like hell for quite some time

the condition of my spine
is not your business business
but demurity could ply my tongue
cap ti vay ted by your fitness

I'd be lying if I said I didn't
rant and rave about you when I'm 
knee-deep inside my bottle

climbing rooftops to catch 
a breath of air to converse with
because our world has been on fire

when I shake murmurous murmurous
like I've caught the holy ghost
who's gonna exercise me?
slapping my hand against the post

I wish I could put you in a vial
for when I crave that comeliness comeliness
oh your sugar on my tongue
and not our derelict lilting dalliance

and I'm building an updated
version of me, out of
a sturdier material, I hope

kicking in doors bruised
shins and shadows stapled
to the floor for their mischief

The worst part of it all
Is I can see you sitting
calmly smiling 
hoping that I'm rising 
to the occasion

While I might as well be
sitting paralyzed
with fear 
playing operation
on the living room
floor
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There you have it, post number eighteen. (approach with trepidation)

No comments:

Post a Comment