Thursday, September 13, 2012

Alone

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alone

when I'm alone
I drink
and dance
like you wouldn't believe
even if I told you
I sway and sweat
slain in the spirit
when the music touches me
I go where it wants
to take me
when there's no one around
to shake their head
then I shake and cry
and laugh and spasm
all at once
because what's the difference?

you don't have enough skin
to tattoo what I'm feeling
under

it's a horrible means
as I throw myself
around in most dramatic fashion
to a wonderful end
I destroy a little of myself
with a smile
so I can create.

Because they say you die twice
you know
it's a wonderful end

I can't help but wonder
if this comfort doesn't lessen
my chances at trying it another way
if I had all my wasted hours back
would I rather waste them with you?
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That was...difficult, but maybe more true than anything I've written in a long time. I may be on to something here. No promises, but stay tuned. 

There you have it, post number twenty. (approach with trepidation, I mean it)

No comments:

Post a Comment