Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Ambien Dreams

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ambien Dreams


Breathe so heavy that the blanket breathes with me
watching the smoke detector so closely it'll never get the chance
to bolt out the window like I know it's thinking
because I'm so goddamn real that I can see its thoughts when I close my
eyes of precious stones and bodies of straight gravel they 
pound for pound are the strongest spirit animals I've spoken with
raccoons and foxes traded soft for hard and jagged and
even the owls don't seem to mind they're too heavy to fly again
so they oversee production on a road must be somewhere important
laying down the furs and pelts they've traded for 
and I can feel eyes like there are four or five of us
but the bodies mirage when I try too hard to focus
if I'm in a cave it has a mouth
if I'm not there's a whale nearby
and they're both trying to swallow me whole
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There you have it, post number twenty-seven. I love that number.(approach with trepidation)

No comments:

Post a Comment